Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My Christmas Prayer!

Dear Lord,

This year, in order to celebrate Christmas to the fullest without the intense spiritual and emotional pain as in the past, and to celebrate it the way You would have me celebrate, I ask Your help and strength to make these changes: When I see adorably adorned children in angel's wings, turn my vision from these earthly angels to the message of the Good News the angels brought. Rather than focusing on toddlers kneeling in wonder before the manger, let me focus on the birth of our Lord and kneel in wonder at His feet. Instead of the ache of my empty arms, let me feel the magnetism and strength of His open arms as He says, "Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest." When I see pictures of the baby Jesus, broaden my thinking beyond the maternal desire to feel the soft skin of that baby's tiny hands, and enable me to feel the nail prints in the rugged palms of my Savior. When children's voices in chorus reach my ear, take away the lump that will have formed in my throat and enable me to join in singing Your praise. And finally, when I watch children opening presents, please do not let thoughts of having no children diminish my gratitude for Your precious gift to me. In the name of Christ, my Savior, Amen


- Martha Ann Diaz

No comments:

Post a Comment