Thursday, December 2, 2010

Psalm 113:9 "He maketh the barren woman to keep house and to be a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the LORD."

In the Bible there were a total of 9 women that were infertile in the Bible and out of the 9, 8 were healed by God and conceived children.  I see this as a glimpse into my future.  God may be telling us not now, but He has big plans for our future.   If I rely on my own skills instead of relying and having faith in the fact that God is in control He will take away what He might have been going to bless with or if He blesses and I still don't have faith that he will take care of it, then He may take that blessing away.  It is a hard lesson to learn but without giving God control we cannot have peace.  "Be anxious for nothing"  

3 comments:

  1. Leah, Tim and I are struggling with the same issue. It has been 3 1/2 years for us. Reading this has really opened up my eyes so much more. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand completely what are going through. We have been going through this for 15 months(Since we've been married)and I am now learning acceptance with Joy. That is the key. If you let God be in control it will allow you to accept things as they are and not be bitter month to month when it doesn't happen. I will start to pray without ceasing that God blesses you and Tim and grants the desire of your heart. love ya ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We never know what pain the Lord is sparing us from in His infinite mercy. We lost 2 children before being blessed with Max and it hurts so much I couldn't bear to speak of it. I also believe, however, that in that God spared those children pain in this world and that He is merciful and kind. As a parent my cry to the Lord has often been for God to give me the pain so my children would not suffer (every trip to the ER) and one of the most painful things in life is seeing a child suffer and losing them. God may have spared my children suffering, at the expense of my own pain in their loss, and that is mercy. One of the most challenging parts of the flesh is our limited perception of time. God knows our hearts and knows all of time, what has been, what is, what will and what could have become. Have faith in God's timing and be faithful in preparing the way. He has a plan.

    ReplyDelete