Monday, December 6, 2010

Onions

What is there to get angry about?  I have to sit back and think how stupid it is that someone would get angry over this little, what I now know is a vegetable, thing called onions.  When ordering Chinese I was unaware that my husband didn't want the vegetable in his pork fried rice. So I told the lady that it was fine.   After getting off the phone, he said to me I never order it like that.  Well this being really my first time ordering Chinese food for him I responded with "Chris, it always comes like this"   He got angry and had to call them because if his lips touched vegetables he just might die.   What is it with some people and vegetables?  What makes them so mad about having to eat it?  Why are we so picky when it comes to food?   Should we not be grateful for anything to eat when half of the world or more are starving?  With this economy some people would kill for a chance to eat an onion and yet we nit-pick over every aspect of our wants and eat what we like and throw out what we don't like.
  I think this Christmas I am going to make an effort to help at least two families with food for Christmas. I am also going to try not to complain about the little things and be thankful to God that I have a roof over my head, a warm bed, food (even take out), and a Savior who has saved me from eternal damnation.   
   Will you show Christ and help someone else? or Will you continue to be an ingrate?  Think about it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment